About Me

My photo
Kennebunkport, Maine, United States
I’ve had to learn to live life on the positive side. If I can do it, I know anyone can. My goal here is to share my experiences, have others share their's and together we can help and encourage each other to be better people. As we all know, success in life takes effort, a change in behavior and the realization that you have to do both to succeed. Maybe you are one of the millions of people who begin every year saying, “This year is going to be different. This year I’m going to make my dreams come true”. If you do not prepare and change your actions from your current path for the upcoming year, do you really believe you will end up at a different destination than last year? What if we did it together, supporting each other on a daily basis. I hope you'll join the journey of finding positive light in an ever negative world.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

What are your expectations?

Isn’t it a great feeling to wake up in the morning feeling happy and excited about life? The feeling of expectation and hope and peace. One of my favorite songs is “Feels Like Today” by Rascal Flatts…

“I woke up this morning, with this feeling inside me that I can’t explain, like a weight that I’ve carried has been carried away. I know something is coming, I don’t know what it is but I know its amazing, can save me, my time is coming I’ll find my way out, of this longest drought, and it feels like today….”

I often hear people say, “that’s just my luck” or “I knew it was too good to be true” or better yet “why them and not me”. Well the difference between you and “them” is you expect different things. The wealthy don’t expect to be broke and the healthy don’t expect to get sick. Your state of mind is so important in the way you live your life. Something that also plays a big part is what you believe to be truth. Very often people will say “You can’t do that, you don’t have enough money (or enough ______)”. If you are listening to other people tell you what you can and can’t do, stop now! The only difference between you and “them” is they believe they can and they look for a way to accomplish it and not wait for the way to come to them.

Your expectations, beliefs and action create your day and become your tomorrows. Plan well and expect good things.

No comments:

Post a Comment