About Me

My photo
Kennebunkport, Maine, United States
I’ve had to learn to live life on the positive side. If I can do it, I know anyone can. My goal here is to share my experiences, have others share their's and together we can help and encourage each other to be better people. As we all know, success in life takes effort, a change in behavior and the realization that you have to do both to succeed. Maybe you are one of the millions of people who begin every year saying, “This year is going to be different. This year I’m going to make my dreams come true”. If you do not prepare and change your actions from your current path for the upcoming year, do you really believe you will end up at a different destination than last year? What if we did it together, supporting each other on a daily basis. I hope you'll join the journey of finding positive light in an ever negative world.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Weathering the storm

Are you uncertain of what the future holds for you or whether you can weather the storm? I hope you will enjoy the following which I recently wrote:

There is a small tree standing in a meadow with withered leaves from long days of scorching heat and little water. As the wind gently blows through its branches each day it loses its leaves one at a time until it looks sparse and ready to perish. As the cold approaches and its leaves are gone, it is an uncertainty if the tree will be able to withstand another harsh season or will die trying to survive the barren cold covered in a blanket of icy white. As it sleeps through the winter its will for survival is renewed and a new hope for tomorrow rises. Will this season be better? Will I bear fruit this year? Will the harsh elements kill my hope for a better tomorrow? On a beautiful spring morning it awakes to the warm sunlight melting the snow cover which is now providing live giving support and assurance of a better tomorrow. It now beams brightly with the hope of a new season and the expectations of a better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment