About Me

My photo
Kennebunkport, Maine, United States
I’ve had to learn to live life on the positive side. If I can do it, I know anyone can. My goal here is to share my experiences, have others share their's and together we can help and encourage each other to be better people. As we all know, success in life takes effort, a change in behavior and the realization that you have to do both to succeed. Maybe you are one of the millions of people who begin every year saying, “This year is going to be different. This year I’m going to make my dreams come true”. If you do not prepare and change your actions from your current path for the upcoming year, do you really believe you will end up at a different destination than last year? What if we did it together, supporting each other on a daily basis. I hope you'll join the journey of finding positive light in an ever negative world.

Sunday, January 3, 2010

What Are Your Resolutions?

So it’s resolution time. If you haven’t come up with any yet, it’s not too late. In fact it doesn’t have to be January 1st to make a new resolution. You can make a new start any day of the year you choose. I personally decided to start my diet on October 31, 2009. It was a difficult time to do so, because it was Halloween with all its residual candy, and then Thanksgiving with all the food, and of course Christmas which was a whole month of avoiding cookies, candies, gift baskets and just really good stuff everywhere you go. I could have said, “I’ll wait until after the New Year, it will be easier then”, but I am sure glad I didn’t wait. I’m pleased to inform you that I’ve lost 27 pounds since then. It’s taken disciple and a lot of hard work and exercise, but it was something that was very important to me. Which brings me back to you…..

If you could wake up tomorrow morning with the things (not necessarily material) in your life that you want most what would they be? In the same sense, if you could wake up tomorrow morning with the things you want least in your life, what would they be? (thank you to a very good friend for those provoking thoughts to ponder). What is it that is very important to you? What is it that you want to do or change the most?

It’s not easy making substantial changes to your life. It’s not easy making small changes for that matter. But in order to do so, you have to be willing to put the effort into making those things you want most a reality. Unfortunately, it’s not going to just happen and you can’t set back and say, if it is meant to be, it will be. Sometimes you have to step out on a limb, risk loss or failure, and perhaps even face fear and the fear of the unknown.

Start by making a list of everything you always wanted to do. Identify a few that are really important to you. Is there one that you want to work on the most? Consider what steps you need to take to reach that goal. If you are not certain what course to take to get to where you want to be, do some research on the subject, find someone who has been where you are and has done what you need to do and ask them for help. If you are still uncertain how to start, please email me. I love research and would be willing to help in anyway I can.

So, how do you eat and elephant? A bite at a time. We don’t need to know today all the steps to get to the goal line. We just have to make some effort and get through today. One thing for sure is if you take a small step today and another tomorrow, you will eventually end up where you want to be. As you make small accomplishments, they will turn into big accomplishments and you will give yourself the best gift you can – personal power and a belief that you can accomplish anything you put your mind to. I find the most important factor in success in anything I do is the support of people who sincerely care. With all the technology available today it is easier than ever to connect with like minded people who want the best for each other. I hope that we can help each other along our journey to our goals and become great friends along the way!

Peace and Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment